For your initial visit you can expect a thorough examination and discussion of potential treatment options. This 60-minute visit will give us an opportunity to understand your primary orthodontic concerns. Following the appointment we may also take time for records including X-rays, photos, and impressions for study models, all necessary for developing the ideal treatment plan. Afterwords a comprehensive consultation with consideration of the records will allow a discussion of your ideal treatment plan with personalized aesthetic considerations.
During your initial examination we will address the following questions.
You are encouraged to ask further questions or ask us to elaborate on questions answered on our FAQ page.
- Do I have a condition orthodontic care can address?
- Am I ready for treatment, or should treatment be delayed until a more appropriate stage of growth, tooth eruption, or other general dental conditions have been addressed?
- What treatment options are appropriate for my case?
- Do any adult teeth need to be extracted?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While many orthodontic care questions can be answered during the initial visit, your specific ideal treatment plan an personalized aesthetic considerations are often best discussed after thorough review of your records.
We will schedule a follow-up consultation to discuss treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements. We believe in high quality orthodontic care and insist our patients leave their consultation with a full understanding of what orthodontics can provide for them and their smiles.
If available, please bring the following to your first visit
- Any panoramic or cephalometric X-ray taken within the last 6 months.
- Your dental insurance card, if you have orthodontic insurance.
- New Patient Forms
To help us with your chart and shorten your time filling out paperwork, feel free to download and print our New Patient Forms prior to you first visit.